Berba is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information of its users – sellers, buyers and other visitors on the Site (”users”), but also influencers, affiliates and other collaborators that may interact with Berba. Our aim is to give you access to our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the Site. The privacy practices for the Site and services provided by Berba are explained in this Policy – this also includes practices that apply to affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators who are individuals. By accessing and/or using the Site, related sites, applications, services, goods, and/or for an account and/or registering for our affiliate or influencer program, you acknowledge that you understand our process for handling your personal data in accordance with this Policy. This includes our collection, processing, disclosure, use, and retention of personal information, and explanations on how to limit the sharing of your information in this Policy.
Which information do we collect?
When you use the Site, we ask you to provide personal information, including a valid email address, or login data from third party websites, including but not limited to Google and/or Facebook. You may be asked to provide additional information, such as your name, physical address, billing information, telephone number or other contact details, payment details, tax information, details about your education, profession, and/or expertise. We also collect information in or about your communications with Berba or other users of Berba.
We receive information from third party vendors who provide data to supplement the information we collect about you, in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we may receive fraud warnings from service providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We also may receive information from enrichment service providers to enhance your experience as well as from advertising and marketing partners in order to manage and measure our campaigns.
- If you connect or login to your account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn), we receive information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service.
We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “lawful ground” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have agreed to let us use your personal information for a particular reason;
- we need to use your personal information to do things that are part of a contract we have with you, such as providing services you have paid for;
- we must process the information in order to follow the law or regulations, such as to prevent fraud; or
- we need to process data to make our services better for you, but we will always make sure it is done in a way that respects your rights and is not too extreme.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make sure we give you a good service and keep you safe. We use it to set up your account, make sure you can log in, talk to other people, get help and hear from us. We also use it to make our service better, understand how it works and make sure it fits your needs. This includes giving you ideas for promoting your services, ranking search results and making sure you have a good experience.
- to ensure the Berba marketplace is safe and secure. This includes preventing fraud and making sure people follow the rules. We also use this information to check that content is accurate, investigate security issues, and make sure people are giving us correct information. We use analytics to help us do this. If we think someone is doing something that could be dangerous, we may limit what they can do on Berba. If you disagree with this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- to let people know about the Site, our services, and the Berba marketplace. This includes sending messages to tell you about things that might interest you, organising programs and activities to get people to join, and running contests or other promotional activities.
- to promote and advertise the Site, our services and the Berba marketplace. For example, we use the information collected from you for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages (as detailed below), to show you information that may be of interest to you, to organise and facilitate referral programs, contests or other promotional activities or events.
- to help us advertise and spread the word about the Site, our services, and the Berba marketplace. This information is also used to send you messages about things that may interest you, to organize and help with referral programs, contests, or other promotional activities or events.
- to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
- to keep accurate records of the business activities, and provide them to government authorities if requested to comply with applicable laws.
We will ask for your permission before using your information for anything other than what is listed in this Policy. We may send you emails, post, text messages, or show you ads online about our products, services, or promotions that may be of interest to you. We will only do this if we have your permission, or if it is allowed by law. You can stop us from sending you these messages at any time by clicking the link in the message. We will only send you messages that we think are relevant to you.
We keep personal information for as long as it is needed for our operations, like to remember what happened in case of any complaints or challenges. We also keep personal information from closed accounts to follow the law, stop fraud, collect money owed, solve problems, help with investigations, follow our website rules, and do other things allowed by law.
This Site is only available to people who are 18 years old or older. People who are 13 to 17 years old can use the website with permission from a parent or guardian. People under 13 years old are not allowed to use the Site. We do not collect information from minors under 13. Parents should always watch what their children are doing on the website. If we find out that we have collected information from someone under 13, we will delete it. If you think we have information from someone under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Parties. Sharing Personal Information
We do not provide third parties with your personal information for any marketing purposes unless we have your explicit consent.
Your information may be shared in the following ways:
When you register, your username, country, and other information related to your activity is publicly visible to all Site users. This includes photos you upload, examples of jobs you have completed, ratings, and any additional information you choose to add to your profile.
Please be aware that certain information, including your user name and profile, along with the content you upload, will be viewable by other users when you use such features. Additionally, when you message or communicate with other users, your information will be shared with them.
When sharing your information and/or data with other Berba users, it is done at your own risk. If you choose to share personal information with other users, including sellers providing you a service through Berba, such personal information is shared with other users as separate controllers. While Berba’s terms of service require sellers to keep the information shared with them confidential, Berba cannot ensure that all users will do so, and it is your responsibility to ensure that other users comply with your standards.
We share personal information with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Site, opening and operating your account, and providing other essential services and solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, session recording, vendors and payment processors, data enrichment services, communication systems, CRM systems, data optimisation and marketing services, hosting services, legal and financial advisors, forum hosting, IT SaaS services, translation tools, web analytics and performance tools, community management services, and mailing systems. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that third parties adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
We may share personal information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties in order to respond to a court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Berba, our customers, or the public. We may also share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments made through the Site and securing the Site and protecting it against fraud, unauthorised transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities.
We may share limited personal information with social media platforms and marketing partners, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our services or the Berba marketplace, if you choose to sign in through their platform. Such features and third-party services collect certain information about you and may set a cookie to enable their functionality. These third parties’ features are governed by their policies.
Your personal information may be shared with other users with whom you have a business relationship in connection with transactions or services you have requested through the Site.
Storage of Personal Information
We may store or process some of your personal information with third party suppliers and data processors, which may be located in other countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may have different laws than the country you live in. When we transfer your personal information from the EEA to countries outside of the EEA that do not provide an adequate level of data protection, we will make sure to provide appropriate safeguards. We will take steps to make sure your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We use industry standard technologies and internal procedures to keep the Site, our services, and your personal information secure and to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, destruction, alteration, loss, or damage. We also have a certification to make sure credit card payments are secure. We can’t guarantee the security of your data when it’s sent over the internet, but we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If you have registered to the Site, you should keep your password a secret and not share it with anyone else. We can provide more information about our data security practices upon request.
Get in touch
When asking questions about your personal information, please include all the details related to your request. We will process your request according to the laws and policies in place. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.